Thursday, October 30, 2014

Welcome To Fitzville

Book !, Chapter !


            "Well there are so many funny things about Halloween," said S.I.M.O.N., "But one thing I really don't follow up on this whole Trick Or Treat thing." He stuck a knife into a pumpkin and began to cut around the stem. "All I ever see are treats, and you'll get in trouble for tricks. And how do you know the little brat at your doorstep dressed up like a goblin isn't an actual goblin? It's so confusing!"

            Ursela turned around from her pumpkin patch outside. She stuck her head through the slide door to the inside. "I'm sorry, were you talking to me?"

            S.I.M.O.N. just rolled his eyes. "Never mind then."

            Ursela rolled some pumpkins into her house, rabbits and squirrels following behind. From the field they heard their dear friend Drake growl. He came too the door, mauled rabbit in hand and slammed it on the floor. The other critters backed away slowly, hiding behind Ursela in fear.

            Drake gave Ursela a fierce glare, then met her eye to eye as he walked to the kitchen with two pumpkins, on one shoulder. "Get your little bastards together, Snow White," he said bitterly, then slammed the pumpkins on the table. this nearly made the knife in S.I.M.O.N.' s hand fly out, but he kept a steady grip. He set the knife down carefully and brushed off the dirt on his button-up. Then S.I.M.O.N. gave Drake warning look. "You know, I'd appreciate it if you didn't take such a close friend's name in vain." he said.

            "Yeah yeah yeah, I get it Mr.Fairytale, you wanna go home," complained Drake, "Well, you already know kid, you can't go back until we find a legitimate way back." He stuck his hand into the top of the pumpkin, long, sharpened nails piercing the  pumpkin, and ripped out the stem. "Until then, you're just gonna have to live in our world."

            S.I.M.O.N. let out a heavy, sad sigh. "Yes, I understand..." He then looked at Ursela's bookshelf, which had many old books, including the Fairytale collection that he had came from. Back in the book world, he was a fairy prince of the sun, a true fae of royalty. And he still has his magic, but he's stuck in a mortal body. Which means that unlike his royal fae body, he can die very easily. Which also means he has to be careful, VERY careful, here in Fitzville.

            Because there are people like Drake, wanted criminals and mass-murderers, that live here in Fitzville, and the mayor is too scared to even try to do something about it. 'Though,' thought S.I.M.O.N., 'It's probably the smart thing to do, hiding and all, since they don't seem to be the normal Earth criminal. Though if this was my city I would execute them.'

            The thought of burning Drake at the stake somehow pleased him. It sent a hot sensation from his heart to his ears, and he giggled with excitement. He closed his eyes whilst still giggling, and he had zoned out a bit.

            Because when he had opened his eyes, he had found the knife he was using to carve the pumpkin in Drake's abdomen. Drake looked down blade, then slowly brought his head up to meet S.I.M.O.N.'s  in an angry gaze. he pulled the knife slowly out of his stomach. And dropped it on the ground.

            "You better run, kid," growled Drake, warning hi m.


            S.I.M.O.N. smiled with confidence yet worrisome. "Bring it on, a prince can surely take you down." 

2 comments:

  1. Is S.I.M.O.N. the prince from Snow White? I like the idea of characters being plucked from their fictional worlds. I Drake not mortal because he is in his world still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S.I.M.O.N. is the prince yes. I decided to add a my own little background for him, since he isn't really given one in the fairytales. And I don't understand the second question...

      Delete